Are you the admin superstar we need in 2019?
You could be if you:
✓ Have prior experience with administration of organisations
✓ Possess excellent computing skills and knowledge of the Google Suite
✓ Possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
✓ Have a passion for climate action
✓ Want a varied, flexible role working with awesome people
Who are we?
Generation Zero is a nationwide, youth-led organisation (primarily students and young professionals) with a vision to see New Zealand on the path to a thriving, safe climate future.
What we are looking for
A motivated person with a strong sense of team spirit to take on a paid, part-time administrative role (up to 10 hours per week) for the national organisation. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and hands-on skills while working with our energetic and friendly teams of volunteers around the country.
Ideally you would be based in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch to allow in-person contact with one of our core teams, however given that we work digitally a lot, this is preference rather than a requirement. Please note that this role will not necessarily be based out of an office, so you will need to have your own computer to work from, and reliable internet.
Hours and Pay
This is a paid, part-time position of up to 10 hours per week on a 6-month fixed-term contract. Pay is $25 p/hr. NB as this is a contracted role you will be required by law to declare your income and pay your own taxes.
- Monitoring emails and either replying to incoming mail or passing emails on to the relevant person
- Processing membership applications and maintaining a membership database
- Being the point of contact for new volunteer sign-ups, and helping to induct them into the organisation
- Maintaining our NationBuilder database and Google Drive
- Thanking and sending updates to donors
- Fundraising support
- Helping to maintain financial accounts: setting up payments, filing receipts, supporting regional financial officers and budgeting
- Providing support to university club teams for clubs days outreach
- Ensuring compliance with our constitution, including helping to organise an Annual General Meeting (and SGMs if necessary)
- Attending regular Skype check-in meetings (at least every two months) with a representative from each region
- Professional and reputable
- Strong people skills - a team player
- Attention to detail
- Methodical and reliable
If this sounds like you, then email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com using the subject 'Administration Role' before the deadline of December 21st.
If you have any further questions about the role please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close December 21st, with a view to starting the role on February 3rd.