Details and Terms
The competition will be open for submissions from the 12th December 2022 to 14th March 2023.
All submissions must be submitted by email by 12am on the 14th March 2023
Judging will take place after the competition closes and the winners will be announced on/no later than 31st March.
Exhibition Sizing Specifications
If you were to win the competition we will need to exhibit your work on a portrait billsticker in an image that is 300 DPI to the size of the document. The posters would be the following sizes:
Actual Poster Sizes
Winners and Prizes
Following the judgment of the competition, the selected winners will be announced by 31st March 2023. The winners will be as follows:
- 1st Place Winner for each age category
- 2nd Place Winner for each category
- 3rd Place Winner for each category
The winners of each of these categories will receive their prizes in the form of a variety of vouchers to support their art supplies, transport, rent, and food. These vouchers will have the following values:
- 1st Place Winners - Vouchers valued at $700 each
- 2nd Place Winners - Vouchers valued at $300 each
- 3rd Place Winners - Vouchers valued at $150 each
Terms & Conditions
- The prizes may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded.
- You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements in these competition rules:
- Submissions after the closing date will not be accepted.
- If the artwork you submit includes identifiable people, you must gain consent from each of these people before you submit your artwork. We may ask for evidence of this consent.
- Each artwork can only be entered once and must be the original work of the entrant.
- All judging decisions are final. No discussion will be entered into regarding the status of entries or judging.
- Each artwork submitted must be the original work of the entrant who must also be its copyright owner.
- Generation Zero reserves the right to reject any additional entries or entries that do not comply with these competition rules. If a winner has not complied with these terms and conditions, Generation Zero reserves the right to choose another winner at its sole discretion.
- For display by Generation Zero winners will be required to supply their winning artwork in the highest resolution version.
- To the extent permitted by law, Generation Zero will not be liable in any way (including, without limitation, in negligence) for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss) or for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the competition or use of the prize.
- By participating in the competition, the entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Generation Zero from all damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable lawyer's fees and costs, arising out of the entrant's breach of any of these terms and conditions.
- Artwork submissions must not violate or infringe upon another person's rights, including but not limited to copyright. Artwork submissions must not contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
- We will never publish your contact details without your consent. This information will be kept private.
- With your consent, we will publish your name and affiliated links with your artwork submission. You have the option to remain anonymous if you want to.
- By entering, you indicate your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these competition rules and decisions, which are final and binding.
- By submitting your information and artwork for this competition, you grant Generation Zero the following:
- The right to use the information and the submitted artwork on the Internet and in Social Media in support of our organisational mission.
- The right to provide your information and submitted artwork to other individuals and organisations for sustainability-related use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, videos, membership premiums, and the like, for up to 5 years. Anything beyond this we will always ask for your written consent.
- A digital copy of your artwork submission that will be archived in Generation Zero’s library.
Questions and inquiries about competition rules can be emailed to [email protected].